Wednesday 18 March 2009

The Yellow Room Magazine competition

It's pretty late in the day (apologies, Jo!) but if you have any spare stories hanging about, the second short story competition for the Yellow Room magazine is about the close on the 20th. It's run by Jo Derrick who used to edit QWF magazine. If you're interested, check out the website www.theyellowroommagazine.co.uk and have a go - if you're too late (sadly she doesn't take entries by email) then wait for the next competition she'll set. It's worth also taking a look at her blog, where she recently talked about criticism - what it's like, as an editor, to give it, and how writers receive it. (I think you can guess!)

I have lots more to talk about but am pretty rushed currently. Back soon (ish!).

3 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Gosh you've got a spammer there!

Am a bit too busy here too. Is it something to do with Spiring and coming out of hibernation do you think?:-)

Lorna F said...

Kraxpelax - I don't appreciate it when my blog is used without my permission as an advertising platform for someone else so you will have to make your 'personal announcements' somewhere else.

Lane - have you had experience of spammers on your site? I assume one just deletes this sort of stuff. I've just taken a look at your latest post - Teabag and Peggy are adorable! Watch out - I think they're trying to take over. :)

Karen said...

I think I might have a story suitable for this, but it might be a bit of a squeeze!

I actually like Spam (don't tell anyone) but not that sort :o( Just ignore it.